Spring is the perfect time to plan a quick escape or a pre summer school holiday break at Caloundra on the Sunshine Coast. The days are definitely getting longer and of course the weather is warming up, but it’s not too hot. It’s just right, it’s springtime!
There’s so much to see and do on the Sunshine Coast. If you love the beach then you are in luck, as Caloundra is spoilt with lots of magnificent beaches. We have Bulcock Beach, Golden Beach, Kings Beach, Shelley Beach, Moffat Beach and Dickey Beach. Each has its own ‘personality’ and is well worth visiting.
Why not take a beach umbrella and a picnic, and enjoy a relaxing day by the water at one of the following beaches?
- Bulock Beach is the closest beach to the Caloundra town centre and offers swimming, fishing, boating and when the conditions are right; windsurfing. You can enjoy a beach BBQ, use the local playgrounds or take a relaxing walk on the boardwalk.
- Golden Beach is usually fairly calm so is ideal for swimming, windsurfing, boating, canoeing and fishing.
- Kings Beach is a great place to surf or to explore its rock pools.
- Shelly Beach is a lovely beach and great for walking; exploring rock pools and enjoying a picnic by the sea.
- Moffat Beach has a high headland that provides stunning scenery and sweeping views north to Point
- Dicky Beach is popular for swimming, surfing and beach fishing; beach goers can enjoy barbecues, picnic tables and a kid’s play area.
The Sunshine Coast also boasts an extensive array of water, land and air-based activities and experiences for all ages, perfect to enjoy on a beautiful Spring day. Here’s just a small selection of the amazing things that you can enjoy:
- Visit Australia Zoo and get up close to amazing animals
- Go on a whale watching tour
- Kayak on azure waters and experience dolphins up close
- Taste some delicious ginger at The Ginger Factory
- Take a tour of Caloundra and the surrounding area by jet ski
- Learn to surf on Noosa Beach
- Take a sightseeing cruise
- Visit the Maleny Botanic Gardens and Bird World
- Enjoy a twilight seafood cruise
- Swim with a seal at SEA LIFE
- Abseil the Glass House Mountains
- Find your way out of the Bellingham Maze
- Skydive out of a plane and see the Sunshine Coast from the air!
Visit ExperienceOz Sunshine Coast Adventures for more details and to read about even more things to do.
Wondering where to stay?
Monaco Resort Caloundra offers fully self-contained holiday apartment accommodation on the Sunshine Coast. Our resort has a range of 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments that are perfect for families or groups of friends, and excellent onsite facilities including a swimming pool, heated spa, sauna, gym and more.