Take a day out during your stay in Caloundra and embark on the Sunshine Coast Food Trail which will take you to some of the finest food producers, fresh food markets, farms and local food experiences.
You can book a farm visit, buy direct from a local producer, improve your culinary skills at a cooking school or treat yourself to one of the delicious food events.
A definite must do is a trip to one of the Sunshine Coast’s fantastic local farmers markets, where you can pick up the freshest seasonal produce to create your own spectacular meal.
Check out markets locally at:
- Caloundra Country & Farmers Markets, Currimundi
- Caloundra Street Fair
- Kawana Waters Farmers Market
- Landsborough Markets, Landsborough
- Sunshine Coast Turf Club, Caloundra
- Wamuran Country Markets, Wamuran
- Woodford Country Markets, Woodford
- Big Pineapple Markets, Maroochydore
Pick your own farm fresh strawberries direct from the patch at Strawberry Fields in Palmview.
As well as having one of the best fresh food markets in the area, there is Eumundi Winery & Brewery, The Wild Berry Company, Eumundi Strawberries and for the sweet-tooth, Australian Nougat Company; or Shambhala Farm at Doonan.
Sunshine Coast Hinterland
Drive further into the Hinterland of the Sunshine Coast for some of these food experiences:
- Maleny Cheese
- Maleny Dairies
- Mystic Mountain Tours, Maleny
- Maleny Art Craft & Collectables Markets
- Montville Local Produce Market
- NutriFruit, Palmwoods
- Strawberry Fields, Palmview
- Blackall Range Growers Markets, Witta
- Crystal Waters Country Markets
- Crystal Waters Raw Honey, Harper Creek
- Les Breads of Crystal Waters, Conondale
- Ginger Factory, Yandina
- Jeffers Market, Yandina
- Nutworks, Yandina
- Woombye Cheese Company
Learn to cook like a professional chef at one of the Sunshine Coast’s Cooking Schools such as:
- Red Hot Chilli Pepper “Licensed to Spice” Cooking Classes in Caloundra
- Patersons Cooking School, Kawana Island
- The Tamarind Cooking School, Maleny
- Spirit House Cooking School Yandina
Sunshine Coast Food Trail
Create your own Food Trail by using the SEQ Food Trail maps – select your sub-region, for example Caloundra to Kawana, choose a starting point and away you go! For more information and to book a food experience visit SEQ Food Trails
Book your Caloundra Accommodation and discover the Sunshine Coast Food Trail. Select from one, two or three bedrooms stylish holiday apartments at Monaco Resort located on Bulcock Beach in Caloundra. Book Caloundra Sunshine Coast accommodation