Discover the local produce treasures of the Sunshine Coast on a foodie tour, by either designing your own itinerary or by booking a gourmet food tour with one of the local tour companies.
The pot has been stirred on the Sunshine Coast’s thriving food industry, from fresh seafood direct from the trawlers to leafy vegetables grown in the food bowl of the lush hinterland.
Create your own adventure by using the Sunshine Coast Food Trail easy mapping tool. The Food Trail mobile site shows visitors where to go to explore the way food goes from paddock to plate with a full rundown of venues such as wineries, restaurants, farms and markets.
For example, you can select Caloundra to Kawana as the region you wish to cover, then choose your interest, such as farm gates, food tourist attractions, farmers markets or cooking schools, and the app will create a list of what’s available in the region.
A must see in the Caloundra area is Strawberry Fields at Palmview, just off the Bruce Highway, where you can pick your own strawberries fresh from the fields or try their yummy strawberry treats including homemade strawberry ice cream and sumptuous pancakes with fresh strawberries.
If a DIY tour is not your thing try one of these group foodie tours:
1. Mystic Mountain Tours takes you on a comfortable bus tour featuring amazing sights, warm hospitality and the delicious cuisine of the Sunshine Coast. Food tours include:
- Maleny & Montville Gourmet Tour
- Country Picnic Tour
- Hidden Food Unearthed
2. Or take a look at Tastes of the Sunshine Coast day tour every Tuesday with Sunair Bus Service with visits to the Ginger Factory, Nutworks, Pioneer Coffee, Maleny Cheese and Maleny Mountain Winery.
3. Live It Tours is the only tour company that takes you behind the scenes like never before to uncover the Sunshine Coast’s unique lifestyle, culture and fresh seasonal produce.
A definite must do is a trip to one of the Sunshine Coast’s fantastic local farmers markets, where you can pick up the freshest seasonal produce to create your own spectacular meal.
Check out markets locally at:
- Caloundra Country & Farmers Markets, Currimundi
- Caloundra Street Fair
- Kawana Waters Farmers Market
- Landsborough Markets, Landsborough
- Sunshine Coast Turf Club, Caloundra
- Wamuran Country Markets, Wamuran
- Woodford Country Markets, Woodford
- Big Pineapple Markets, Maroochydore
Book your Caloundra Accommodation and indulge in the Sunshine Coast’s fresh local produce with us here at Monaco Resort. BOOK NOW