Welcome to Spring! The Spring School Holidays are coming up soon and this is a great time of year to visit Caloundra for a beach break. With more daylight hours and the temperatures getting warmer, you will enjoy a wide range of water and nature activities on the Sunshine Coast.
Here’s some inspiration for a Spring break in Caloundra:
Caloundra Water Activities
- Hire a Jetski and scoot around the 35 km channel of pristine water of Pumicestone Passage, stretching from Caloundra in the north to Deception Bay in the south. Ride through tranquil mangrove-lined waterways into a marine park green zone, home to dolphins, dugongs, turtles and more than 360 species of birds. If you have a waterproof camera bring it with you, as you’ll want to capture the beauty of this aquatic paradise. Book a Jetski tour here
- Hop aboard a Caloundra Cruise, a relaxing cruise offering views from Caloundra Heads to Moreton Island, and Bribie Island. On Thursdays, take an Eco Cruise that will take you deep into the clear waters of Pumicestone Passage Marine Park to discover an abundance of bird and marine life. Or watch the sun disappear behind the Glass House Mountains on Friday and Saturday nights on a BYO sunset tour.
- SUP or kayak Caloundra’s calm waterways that are ideal for all types of watercraft. You’ll often see SUPs and kayakers gliding across Pumicestone Passage, Currimundi Lake or Tooway Creek. BYO craft, or hire from one of the watercraft hire places in Caloundra. Paddle around on your own or join one of the SUP or Kayak tours with experienced guides that take you on a tour to explore the pristine waterways. Read more about SUP or Kayak hire here.
- Take a dip at Caloundra’s famous tidal swimming pool on the stunning Kings Beach foreshore. The ocean pool is equipped with shade sails, and has a free 25-metre sea-water lap pool, children’s swimming pool and wading area with disabled access. The pool is easy to access and plenty of parking is available. It’s a great day out with the family.
- Take on the entire 25 km stretch of that Caloundra Coastal Walk, that starts from Golden Beach in the south, or enjoy strolling along sections of the walk at a leisurely pace. Keep an eye out for birdlife and dolphins in Pumicestone Passage, check out the historical Military Jetty used for operations during World War II, as well as the heritage listed Kings Beach Bathing Pavilion. Make sure you have your camera ready to capture the brilliant ocean views.
- Explore Lake Currimundi, a stretch of calm water which runs into the ocean at Currimundi surf beach, just north of Caloundra. There is an abundance of picturesque walking tracks surrounding the lake, so lace up your walking shoes and tackle one of the many bush-beach trails that lead down to the lake’s cool waters. The tracks are well mapped, with signage along the way explaining the native flora and fauna you may encounter on your walk. There are plenty of shady spots for a picnic, or you can relax in one of Currimundi’s boutique cafés.
- Why not play a round of golf during your stay in Caloundra? The Caloundra Golf Club is set amongst a tranquil and peaceful environment with lush green fairways lined with trees, and is situated just 5 minutes from the beautiful beaches of Caloundra. The 18-hole championship course boasts a challenging yet enjoyable game on its 5,987 metre par 71 course. The spectacular holes are surrounded by lush vegetation, large dams and an abundance of wildlife.
- Go beach hopping on one of Caloundra’s six beaches, from the calm waters of Golden Beach to Dicky Beach, there is a beach for everyone. Some are perfect for swimming and paddling, and others are ideal for surfing.
Caloundra Spring Events
Don’t miss some of these great upcoming events in Caloundra:
- 21 Sep – Sydney Comedy Festival Showcase – The Events Centre
- 22 Sep – Australian Military Display – QAM
- 28 Sep – 1 Oct – Caloundra Music Festival
- 12-13 Oct – Menopause The Musical – The Events Centre
- 2 Nov – Melbourne Cup Day – Caloundra Racecourse
- 17 Nov – Hot 91.1 Ignite Chilli Festival
Book your Sunshine Coast Accommodation for your Spring Break staying at Monaco Apartments Caloundra offering fully self-contained holiday apartment accommodation. Offering a range of 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments and excellent onsite facilities including swimming pool, heated spa, sauna, gym, and more.