The Sunshine Coast boasts an enormous amount of tourist attractions and natural wonders, but if you want to be a little different and try something offbeat then there are heaps of quirky things to do on the Sunshine Coast.
- Tour the Sunshine Coast in a retro VW Kombi van with Deluxe Kombi Service. Nothing captures the spirit and nostalgia of a culture and era more than a Kombi. With their special skylights and a full length sunroofs, Kombis are just perfect to take in the beautiful scenery of the glorious Sunshine Coast.
- Head to Nambour and get a picture in front of the Big Pineapple, one of the best known and loved Sunshine Coast attractions. Just for old time’s sake.
- Treat your fave ladies to high tea at Aimee Provence in Buderim. The refined elegance of beautifully classic decor, luxuriously comfy seating, stunning views towards the ocean and their freshly baked scones cream and jam, make the perfect afternoon treat.
- Shop for all things vintage and hip at Colour Me Retro, a quirky little shop selling vintage clothing, toys, homewares and accessories collected over the years by owner, Samantha Llamas. Located at The Hub Shared Space, 21 Oval Ave, Caloundra.
- Rummage through the antique knick-knacks, vintage clothing and retro furniture at Collective Haus in Yandina.
- Give your immune system a boost with a 45-minute Himalayan salt therapy session at Salt Caves at 5/21 Smith St, Mooloolaba.
- Looking for that unique book? Sharing its space with new release books, hard-to-find imports and truckloads of secondhand books, as well as gifts and a café, BerkelouW is literally a one-stop shop in Eumundi.
- Plan your escape from Escape Room Oz in Caloundra. Each room is filled with a series of challenges you must solve within sixty minutes.
- Downward dog on a SUP with Ocean Addicts Maroochydore. SUP yoga classes includes beach yoga warm up, paddle on the ocean and river, SUP yoga, meditation on water and play around for 10 minutes after the class.
- Is vintage, retro, antique, unique your thing? Then the Collectorama Fair will most certainly be up your alley. Collectorama brings dealers – more than one hundred and forty of them – from all over South East Queensland and beyond. Next event is on 1 June 2019 at Nambour Showgrounds.
- For a good old-fashioned milkshake and a super-sized burger in an upbeat space with old-school decor and a large beer garden, head to Rick’s Garage at Palmwood. And don’t miss the Timewarp Festival coming up on Sunday 5 May 2019.
- Be amazed at Bellingham Maze with a huge 80 x 80m hedge maze and many other mazes and activities to stretch your legs and your mind during your visit.
Book your next Sunshine Coast holiday and try something different with these fun ideas. Based right in the heart of Caloundra on Bulcock Beach you will find a luxurious accommodation apartment complex offering magical water views and a holiday experience like no other. Monaco Apartments is the perfect location for your next break.