Caloundra on the Sunshine Coast is known as the “kid friendly” Sunshine Coast beach resort town. And it’s not just because Caloundra’s beaches have some of the calmest surf-free waters on the Pumicestone Passage, but it also because of the abundance of family-friendly activities and great attractions in the area.
Here are some suggestions for keeping the kids entertained during your stay at Monaco Resort:
Caloundra Water Activities
- Explore six totally different beaches from Golden Beach in the south to Dicky Beach in the north.
- Learn to surf with Caloundra Surf School.
- Go SUPing (standup paddleboarding) or kayaking at Golden Beach.
- Drop a line in at the northern (rocky) end of Bulcock Beach.
- Discover the rock pools at Bulcock Beach.
- See the best of Caloundra with a Caloundra Duck Tour.
- Cruise the Pumicestone Passage on a Caloundra Boat Cruise.
- Play around in the water at the Kings Beach Water Feature.
- Jetski around the Pumicestone Passage.
- Swim in the calm waters of Currimundi Lake,
Caloundra Sunshine Coast Attractions
- Go commando at Paintball Skirmish at Palmview.
- Ride all day at Aussie World.
- Get up close and personal with wildlife at Australia Zoo.
- All aboard the train at The Ginger Factory at Yandina.
- Start your engines at the Big Kart track, Palmview.
- Go under the sea at Underwater World Sea Life Mooloolaba.
- Have a unique animal experience at Wildlife HQ at Woombye
- Get lost in the hedge mazes at Bellingham Maze.
- Play lazer tag at Lazerzone Warina.
- Slip and slide at Bli Bli Aqua Park.
Caloundra Things To Do
- Get a bird’s eye view of Caloundra in an open cockpit joy flight.
- Browse the art at Caloundra Regional Art Gallery.
- Take in a show at The Events Centre Caloundra.
- Learn about Queensland’s aviation history at the Queensland Air Museum at Caloundra Airport
- Enjoy the latest movies at Caloundra BigScreen Cinema.
- Shop at the Bulcock Beach Twilight Markets.
- Take a walk, jog or bike ride along the foreshore on the Caloundra Coastal Pathway
- Get on your bike and explore the Sugar Bag Mountain bike trails.
- Score a strike at Spinners Bar & Bowl.
- Challenge your problem solving skills at Escape Room Oz Caloundra.
Book your next holiday in kid-friendly Caloundra with us here at Monaco Resort, an exceptional 4½ star resort with a choice of one, two or three bedroom self-contained apartments with views over the waterways of Caloundra.